Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Carnaval 2010 in Rio de Janeiro


I published three blogs in the Huffington Post about the February, 2010 Carnaval ("Carnival") in Rio de Janeiro:

Feb. 12: Carnaval in Rio: How to Have Fun and Not Get Mugged

Feb. 15: Rio's Carnaval Kicks Off Amidst Heat, Optimism & Controversy

Feb. 18: Rio's Carnaval: A Long-Awaited Victory, Record Heat, and a Revived Street Scene

The AP (Associated Press) photos on this page are of: Unidos da Tijuca (1 & 2), Portela (3 & 4), and Beija-Flor (5 & 6)





1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi there! I found you on Barbara's Blogging Ethnomusicologists blogroll, as I'm always checking it for new blog-adds! (How many times can one say the word blog in one sentence, you say?) ...

Recently here in New Orleans, I just helped put together a week-long Brazil Fest which was very successful and heightened my interest in the music of Brazil, so it's great to find your blog here! There are just so many parallels to Rio and New Orleans...

Anyway - great little chunk of cyberspace you've got here. I'm linking to you so I can keep track of what you're up to - and I can't wait to order the book!