Our book The Brazilian Sound: Samba, Bossa Nova and the Popular Music of Brazil has been the leading guide to Brazilian music in the English language since 1991, when it was first published by Billboard Books. The Brazilian Sound has now had three U.S. editions (the last two with Temple University Press), one U.K. edition (with the title The Billboard Book of Brazilian Music), and French, German, and Japanese translations. The current 2009 edition is available worldwide through Amazon. Find all editions here: The Brazilian Sound.
Images from top to bottom:
1. The Brazilian Sound (Temple University Press, 3rd ed., 2009).
2. The Brazilian Sound (Japan: Shinko Music Publishing, 1999).
3. Le Son du Brésil: Samba, Bossa Nova et Musiques Populares (France: Éditions Lusophone, 1999).
4. The Brazilian Sound (Temple University Press, 2nd ed., 1998).
5. The Brazilian Sound: Samba, Bossa Nova und die Klange Brasiliens (Germany: Hannibal Verlag, 1991).
6. The Billboard Book of Brazilian Music: Samba, Bossa Nova and the Popular Sounds of Brazil (England: Guinness Publishing, 1991).
7. The Brazilian Sound (Billboard Books, 1st ed., 1991).